Data collection and analysis sample

Work with data always demands a lot of efforts and time. If you feel like you need help with this kind if research we are always at your disposal. Please review sample of what we do below and assess its quality. We are sure you’ll like it.

Data analysis on the new online sales platform

Data Analysis

Data analysis is the process that a researcher takes the raw data that have been gathered to establish information that can be used to handle the goals of the research being carried out. For this research, the gathered completed questionnaires and data collected during the in-depth interviews, as the raw data were analyzed. The researcher put the raw data as input into a computer by a survey analysis package called Statistical Package for the Social Science (SPSS).

SPSS is usually a very important tool that is used to measure data and even convert it to tables, bar and pie charts to provide a clear understanding of the interpreted data by the reader.

The questionnaires were distributed among the staffs of the web marketing company that have direct contact with the customers and some customers. The researcher used about two weeks to distribute and gather the responses. 150 questionnaires were distributed.

Table 1: Frequency distribution of respondents based on their monthly income

Variable

Less than € 500

Between €500 and €1000

Above €1000

Total

Respondents

45

80

25

150

Percentage

30

53.3

16.7

100

A large number of respondents consist of the middle-income individuals. 30% of the respondents have less than €500 monthly income while 53.3% have between €500 and €1000 monthly income. The rest 16.7% consist of the respondents that earn €1000 and above.

Figure 1: Graphical representation of respondents based on their monthly income

Table 2: Frequency distribution of respondents based on “new online platform”

Frequency

Percent

Valid Percent

Cumulative Percent

Valid Strongly agree

Agree

Partially agree

Disagree

Total

Missing System

Total

65

40

20

25

150

1

151

43

26.5

13.2

16.6

99.3

.7

100.0

43.3

26.7

13.3

16.7

100.0

43.3

70.0

83.3

100

The frequency table above indicates that 43% of the respondents strongly agree with the idea of creation of new online platform for Dutch entrepreneurs, 26.5 % and 13.2% just agreed and partially agreed respectively while 16.6% did not agree with the idea.

Figure 2: Graphical representation of respondents based on “new online platform”

Table 3: Frequency distribution of respondents based on price

Variable

Price

No price

Total

Respondents

125

25

150

Percentage

83.3

16.7

100

It was found that a higher number of customers consider price a lot before buying from an online platform. They compare the price for a commodity in different businesses and weigh the quality. 83.3% of the respondents consider price while the rest 16.7% does not.

Figure 3: Graphical representation of respondents based on price

Table 4: Frequency distribution of respondents based on trust

Variable

Trust

No trust

Total

Respondents

80

70

150

Percentage

53.3

46.7

100

A higher number of customers do trust the online platforms while purchasing their products. However they are going hand in hand. 53.3% of the respondents were found to trust the online sales platform while 46.7% do not.

Correlation

To obtain the correlation between the variables, the researcher coded specific responses numerically. This provided quantitative data for SPSS analysis. For the new online platform variable 1= strongly agree, 2= agree, 3= partially agree, and 4=disagree. Likewise for the yes or no response variable, 1=yes and 2=no. For the gender variable, 1=male, 2=female. The results of the correlation analysis are shown below.

Sex

Trust

New online Platform

Price

Sex Pearson correlation

Sig. (2tailed)

N

1

150

-1.000**

.000

150

-.811**

.000

150

1.418**…000

150

Trust Pearson correlation

Sig. (2tailed)

N

-1.000**

.000

150

1

150

-.811**

.000

150

1.418**…000

150

New online Platform Pearson correlation

Sig. (2tailed)

N

-.811**

.000

150

-.811**

.000

150

1

150

.792**

.000

150

Price Pearson correlation

Sig. (2tailed)

N

1.418**…000

150

1.418**…000

150

.792**

.000

150

1

150

**Correlation is significant at the 0.01 (2-tailed)

The table above indicates significant correlation between the variables, i.e. Pearson correlation is close more than 0.5 for the two-tailed test. The closer the Pearson r value is to 1, the more correlated the variables. The negative sign indicates negative correlation.

In case you need more information about our services you are always welcome to browse our website in more details.